From January 20th, 2011 Mobile subscribers can access to the Mobile Number portability service. After a long while and many postponement, the MNP is finally here for good. All Mobile service providers are already started advertising the MNP service. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your mobile service provider without changing your Mobile No.
- Cost of MNP : Rs.19/-
- Duration of Porting : 7 working days ( 15 days in J&K, Assam & North eastern states.)
- Stopping of Service (Disconnection) : Only during night (TRAI fixed disconnection period should not be more than 2 hours)
Request for Porting :
- Contact the service provider which you want to change to.
- Confirm your eligibility for porting & Customer Acquisition form (CAF) & Porting form.
- From your mobile send SMS – PORT<space><Mobile No.> to 1900
- You will receive a unique porting no.
- Now fill out the CAF and porting form with the unique ID you have received in your mobile.
- Submit the application form (CAF), Porting form and other documents to the service provider.
- Note : If you are a post paid customer you need to attach the previous bill paid receipt.
- Now get the new SIM from the service provider.
- Note : You can cancel the porting request in case you change your mind within 24 Hours of submission.
Activating Ported No.
- The new mobile service provider will inform you the date and time of porting.
- After that specified date and time you can change your SIM.
Eligibility, terms & Conditions
- You can port your number only after 90 days of your activation. That is you cannot change the service provider within 3 months.
- You can only change the number within your circle.
- Post Paid users need to make sure that you have cleared all the earlier bills.
- Pre Paid customers will lose any balance available after porting.